Saturday, May 4, 2013

Here we go!!

Jambo! (Hello in Swahili)

Well, my name is Sammy Holman and I will be leaving for Arusha, Tanzania in less than 6 hours!!  This blessing and adventure could not have been done without the help of being a recipient of the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship!  This international scholarship has provided me with the opportunity to go on a safari, or journey, to Tanzania where I will be teaching elementary to school aged children at Assumption Primary School. In addition, we will be touring Tanzania by going on numerous safaris, climbing a portion of Mount Kilimanjaro, visiting a Masai market, taking Swahili lessons and helping out at a local orphanage.  

I am filled with so much emotion right now! Anxious, nervous and excited for the unknown.  However I am looking forward to this Safari but also looking forward for my return!  

On this blog, my hope is to post a video of some of my daily adventures at least every other day.  Please feel free to check in with me using the blog!  Thank you for your numerous prayers for my safety and peace!

Kwa heri!  (Goodbye in Swahili)

xoxoxo

5 comments: